Due to the Coronavirus outbreak we have setup a video consultation service to provide support direct to your home until such time we are allowed to reopen. The consultations will use the WhatsApp or Skype platform which are encrypted to maintain confidentially. The consultations will enable us to:
- Discuss the problem and for new patients go through a medical case history,
- Visually assess the problematic area and your range of movement,
- Provide a diagnosis of what structure is causing you the pain,
- Provide education on the anatomy, physiology and management of the problem using models and graphics,
- Explore, demonstrate and advise on exercises,
- Provide you with an idea of time scales and progression of the recovery.
At the end of the appointment you will receive 3 emails:
- A management plan as an attached pdf document,
- Videos, pictures and explanations of the agreed exercises via our exercise program (rehabmypatient.com),
- An invoice via paypal.com. There will be a link to pay on the invoice or you can click the paypal button at the bottom of this page.
There is a flat fee of £45 for the video consultation and all appointments will last 45 mins. Obviously, we are unable to provide manual assessment or treatment and it is for this reason the consultation fee structure is different. The cost is for our time during the consultation as well as the time we take to write your management plan and exercise program.
Please be aware that this type of consultation is not intended to replace face-to-face/ hands-on care that is fundamental to osteopathic care but it does provide valuable support during these difficult times.
To book an appointment please call our reception service on 01733 785214 or click here for online booking. When calling please state clearly the phone number or skype address you wish to be contacted on.